About Me

My photo
My name is Sarah Hall, I am 21 years old and I am currently a junior at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I am double majoring in Secondary Education and Language Arts. My experience as a student in the College of Education has not only been an informative one, but a positive one. I have enjoyed being actively involved in learning whether in the classroom, in the field, or simply at my computer at home. I feel that the assignments, activities, and requirements of this semester (i.e. observing teachers, blogging on educational topics, finding solutions to problems in the classroom) have allowed me to contribute to my community and my own personal education as opposed to only being a sponge to soak up information given to me.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Every Student Should Feel Welcome In the Classroom

If we want to change the way students today view school, We as future teachers have to create a warm, welcome environment for each student. To do this, you don't have to be every child's best friend or the "coolest" teacher, you just have to allow students to participate in class. Letting students actively participate in class builds their confidence and self esteem because it allows them to see what they can learn and accomplish on their own.
I also feel that listening is the most sincere form of flattery. If you make students comfortable in class you can give them a chance for their voice to be heard . Students learn more in an environment that they are comfortable in and allowed to express themselves in.

No comments:

Post a Comment